We talked one to one with near one hundred of Java devs sharing experiences and points of view around the concept of Digital Business Platform and the adoption of this model by the companies.
Digital flow (noun): an evolution toward optimized productivity in which people, processes, and information are connected quickly, seamlessly, intuitively, and effortlessly with digital technology.
We also attended some sessions to learn about current Java trends:
- When, why and how to CQRS by Sebastian Daschner
- The DevOps 2.1 Toolkit: Continuously Deploying Microservices To a Swarm Cluster by Viktor Farcic
- A full stack Docker clustering to provide continuos deploying with Jenkins
- Also a nice sample of Terraform case of use
- Material available at http://vfarcic.github.io/jenkins-swarm/index.html#/cover
- Build a Q&A bot with Deeplearning4J by Willem Meints
- Tomorrow’s Model Driven Development by Mauricio Salatino and Mario Romano
- A clean approach to integrate Activiti with a micro services architecture based in Spring Cloud Data Flow, Spring Cloud Bus & Eureka
- Also a nice DDD design for the use case available at https://salaboy.com/2017/06/20/microservices-spring-cloud-ddd-bpm-and-dm/
- Source code available at https://github.com/Salaboy/jbcnconf-2017-emergency-dispatcher
- From Monoliths to Microservices using CQRS and Event Sourcing by Manuel Álvarez
- Hands on session demonstrating how to build microservices by combining Spring Cloud Stream, Apache Kafka and Spring Cloud
- Including an incremental approach and providing sample exercises to test the concepts
- Source code available at https://github.com/manuel-alvarez-alvarez/microservices-workshop
Lot of interesting concepts to be applied to coming projects and some new Alfresco community members is a great deliverable for such a wonderful event!